News:

Twelve years of vanilla Minecraft?!

Main Menu

Map reset for 1.18

Started by 3dB, December 04, 2021, 06:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3dB

Hi All,

We skipped 1.17 in order to wait for the huge changes in world generation that were bumped to 1.18. Once it was announced that many of the cave changes would be further bumped to 1.19 I contemplated whether we should continue to wait for that or forge ahead with 1.18. In the end I've decided to continue with doing a map reset for 1.18. To get the 1.19 caves we'll just need to travel to unexplored areas. I'm currently waiting for PaperMC to declare their server builds stable and then we'll do the reset, probably within the next few days as they're typically pretty quick to update.

If there are any objections speak now!

--3dB

smithadmin

Any further word on this?

Quote from: 3dB on December 04, 2021, 06:55:34 PM
Hi All,

We skipped 1.17 in order to wait for the huge changes in world generation that were bumped to 1.18. Once it was announced that many of the cave changes would be further bumped to 1.19 I contemplated whether we should continue to wait for that or forge ahead with 1.18. In the end I've decided to continue with doing a map reset for 1.18. To get the 1.19 caves we'll just need to travel to unexplored areas. I'm currently waiting for PaperMC to declare their server builds stable and then we'll do the reset, probably within the next few days as they're typically pretty quick to update.

If there are any objections speak now!

--3dB

3dB

Sadly I have no ETA on this. The server is down as a result of the log4j vulnerability. Mojang did not issue a patch for the version we were running and even though I turned off log message interpolation I still saw an indicator that a compromise occurred so I took it down out of caution. The server will have to be rebuilt from scratch. In addition, I'm also in the middle of a different project to move the VPS that acts as the gateway, so there are a few different pieces that need to be taken care of before everything is back. When I know more I'll update here.

smithadmin

Sounds like a lot of fun....  ...and by "fun" i mean a pain in the neck.

Good luck, hope to see the fruit of your efforts soon!