• Welcome to Minecraft @ 3decibels.net.

News:

Twelve years of vanilla Minecraft?!

Main Menu

1.9 pre 6?

Started by nekoKaori, November 11, 2011, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nekoKaori

Um I just saw that 1.9 pre 6 came out. Anyone know if we are going to update? or wants to?
I mean the game does officially release in a week.
Here is the reddit's community post of what has been changed.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/m8rrj/19_prerelease_6_changelog/

Malaclipse

But I just read about a bug I want to exploit that they fixed in .6

3dB

It's a topic that is worth discussing but I'm not planning on touching anything until after the new server has been up and in place for at least a week.

There's a lot to talk about here. How long will 1.9pre6 be out before 1.0 is released? Since most clients are updated automatically I'm pretty much obligated to update to 1.0 very soon after release. That being said we also want to move to Bukkit in the near future which supports only certified versions of the game and will make us run behind what is current.

Malaclipse

Playing devils advocate. What is Bukkit and why do we want it?

3dB

Bukkit is a mod framework that enables (wait for it) mods.

Malaclipse

3dB

We can do things like jhujhiti's request for a mod that keeps certain chunks loaded to make long-distance redstone circuits possible.

Personally I don't care if we use Bukkit or not, but I thought the consensus was that we did.

Malaclipse

Frankly, I've heard of it, but not much. The number of loaded chunks would increase if we upped the distance in the server properties too. I am open to the idea, but I'd still like to learn more. I'll read about it.

smithadmin

1/ if the new server is going to be in place for a week before upgrading to 1.9.6 and 1.0 is due out about that time, I don't see the point in stopping at 1.9.6.  If 1.9.6 is to be considered, it should be done sooner rather than later.

2/ We don't need no steenkin' mods!  (Seriously, I don't care one way or the other, as long as any mods do not greatly affect performance.  The last thing I need right now is yet another game that can only be played on only one computer in my house.

nekoKaori

Quote from: 3dB on November 11, 2011, 09:35:52 PM

*gasps in shock*

You said the dirty M word.

Malaclipse

Quote from: nekoKaori on November 12, 2011, 03:05:19 PM
Quote from: 3dB on November 11, 2011, 09:35:52 PM

*gasps in shock*

You said the dirty M word.

I am open to the idea, but I would definitely want to read  more. I'd be happier with mods once the "official" API is released.