• Welcome to Minecraft @ 3decibels.net.

News:

Twelve years of vanilla Minecraft?!

Main Menu

Spawn point move for 1.11

Started by 3dB, November 20, 2016, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3dB

For 1.11 we're trying something new. Typically when an update contains things that require new terrain to be generated, we'll nuke the existing map and start fresh. That has always been a drag to folks who didn't want to see their hard work erased, and now that updates are more frequent it's entirely possible that we'd be wiping the map twice a year or more. Malaclipse suggested that instead of erasing the map, we simply move the default spawn point to somewhere far away. Others agreed with this suggestion and we're giving it a try.

The old world spawn point now contains a teleporter that can transport you to the new spawn point, so you don't have to walk. There is also a teleporter next to the new spawn point that will take you back to the old one, so you can try out the new area without having to worry about how you'd get back if you wanted to.

What does everyone think about this new method? Good, bad? Let me know below if you have any comments or complaints.

Malaclipse

broyuken

I saw that on the map and got really confused, awesome idea though! Except all my work drying out part of the ocean is stuck in the old world haha