News:

Twelve years of vanilla Minecraft?!

Main Menu

New website, new server

Started by 3dB, May 07, 2022, 07:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3dB

Hi All,

As you may have noticed, we have a new website courtesy of our own NekoKaori! The forums have also been updated to version 2.1 of SMF. Sadly the user avatars got a bit confused during the transition, you'll need to upload a new avatar for your profile. Confusingly, our old avatar will show up as being in use when you try to change it, but it won't actually show up on your posts unless you re-upload.

The new server is under construction, I'm hoping to be back in business with a new map in the next week or so.

Thanks!
--3dB

3dB

Small update:

The new server is tested and ready, but starting a 1.18 server right now doesn't make sense when 1.19 is set to drop on June 7th. We'll wait until 1.19 is available and then use that so we have the latest and greatest right from the get-go.

Thanks!
--3dB

smithadmin

The new page looks great!  Glad to see a new server up.  Will the 1.19 update be a new world, or going with the 1.18 world there now?

3dB

Thanks! NekoKaori did a good job with the new page. I hate designing webpages as the previous site probably made clear.

I'll be honest, I started a 1.18 server up just to test and forgot it was running. I also didn't realize the NAT was working! I'm using nftables + wireguard this time around instead of iptables + openvpn. I stood everything up a little while ago and forgot I had already placed the NAT!

The 1.18 world currently running will be replaced with a 1.19 world, probably within the next few days, certainly before the weekend is over.