• Welcome to Minecraft @ 3decibels.net.

News:

Twelve years of vanilla Minecraft?!

Main Menu

Flat map is back online.

Started by Malaclipse, January 22, 2012, 10:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malaclipse

Thanks to 3dB the flat map is online again and its gigantic. We have been experimenting the pseudo-3d maps as well and will hopefully have one online again soon. The maps can be found on the server status page page: http://minecraft.3decibels.net/server/.

nekoKaori

No it still does not work. Kusa mentioned it to me a few days ago and i just tried it myself.

Malaclipse

nekoKaori

I can't open it in browser but I can in photoshop. Yey for photoshop.

smithadmin

Seconded.  It doesn't "work" if I can't click on it and view it.

The work-around assumes one doesn't use Microsoft Windows to view it, as the (poor excuse for an) OS STILL doesn't know what to make of .png files.  :\

Best to download it and have at it with a graphic editor.  That still works, anyway.

Malaclipse

Ya, sorry the images are getting quite large. I find that Google Chrome can view, although sometimes that crashes also. You will have a lot better luck with a graphics program such as Photoshop or GIMP.

Here is a test rendering of the "Oblique Angled" map in a night view.
http://cogsmos.com/~mperry/ob-night-map.png

The oblique map is pseudo-3d similar to the ISO metric map that we ere previously rendering. It provides some sense of depth while the night mode lets see where lights are and darkens the maps as you get further away from the light source.

In the hopefully near future we should be able to render these automatically, off hours, and slice it up into smaller images that you can pan and zoom through.

nekoKaori

I tried chrome, firefox and ie. all fail for me.

I really need to upgrade to windows 7 sometime in the near future and maybe think about doing some upgrades to Charlie as well (Charlie is my desktop for those who don't know)

Malaclipse

Well you talk to Mr. 3dB. I hear he is really good with computers :)

3dB

nekoKaori