• Welcome to Minecraft @ 3decibels.net.

News:

Twelve years of vanilla Minecraft?!

Main Menu

Important News

Started by Malaclipse, February 21, 2013, 06:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malaclipse

This little server has seen a lot of action lately and that's great! Before I get too far into the announcement I just wanted to remind everyone that they can feel free to reach out to the admins/ops if they have any questions or problems. You can ping us here on the forums or in game.

Without further ado the announcements!

-- Currently the server's difficulty is set to easy. I for one would like to set this to normal. I've polled a number of people and no one has any gripes with it. Please respond if you do.

-- Seeing that emeralds are the official game currency I thought it would be fun to spice things up a bit. I haven't hashed out all the details yet, but I intend to make some items not currently available in survival mode purchasable with emeralds. I will likely need the Redstone Update 1.5 to make this fully viable. Here are some things that might be purchasable:

- Chain Armor
  - Bottles of Enchantments (XP)
  - Skulls
  - Villager eggs

-- If you have visited the default spawn lately you will notice an emerald trading station. Currently, the trading station will give you 1 emerald for 10 levels. This is a door buster price! Stock up now.

-- Lastly, just a reminder that the nether will be blow away with the Redstone Update. This is due to generation engine changes. We will give you another warning ... it doesn't have to happen on the same day.

~Malaclipse

Malaclipse

The price for the emerald trading station will be dropping from 10 levels to 5 levels shortly (probably tonight).

smithadmin

I like the idea of having Villager eggs available...

Malaclipse

The emerald trading station has been set to 5:1 levels to emeralds. You must be a minimum of level six to use the station, which means you cannot use this to get back to level zero.

The villager eggs is definitely a good idea. Coming up with how much these things cost is going to be difficult, but likely villagers will be one of the more expensive items. This means you ought to have a good area to spawn them in once given the eggs.

I haven't really made any fireworks yet, but the skulls can for them. You wear them as a helmet (although they currently appear on the face layer).

I'm also willing to accommodate one and two way teleporters but you'll have to have a good use for them. Meaning that I'd like the teleporter to enhance some idea and not just be used for easy transport. Here are a couple of ideas that would be a fun use teleportation:

- Building a TARDIS so that when you step "inside" you are actually teleported to a completely different area. After all a TARDIS should be bigger on the inside right?

- Stop motion animation. If you really have the time for something like this you can use multiple teleports in succession to simulate frames.

- Elaborate entrance to a structure made possible only by teleportation.

That's it for now.

smithadmin

YESSSSS!!  MUST. HAVE. TELEPORT!

Since you brought up the idea, I have thoughts on making a TARDIS....  lol

I know just what I'd do with it.

jhujhiti

Malaclipse

How about biome revitalization services? This is actually kind of time consuming and has to be done manually.

smithadmin

Malaclipse

OK, its normal now. good luck